Friday, June 5, 2009

New Here

I can't believe I am finally starting a blog. I haven't even known what a blog is for too long. I do need a blog. I need to download, especially when I am the only adult here most of the day. There's only so much I can unload on a ten-year-old before his eyes start glazing over, and he mentions he needs to go organize his sock drawer. Another benefit to having an outlet is that my poor husband won't be bombarded with the minutiae of my day upon pulling in the driveway.

Maybe my minutiae is boring. Maybe it is the same as moms anywhere, but it is what has happened to me. Writing about it is primarily something I am doing for myself, and mommies need to do things for themselves.

I would have started this blog sooner, but I couldn't think of a snazzy name. I wanted to capture with a catchy title what my blog would be about. Every name I thought of was already taken. My lack of creativity was a downer. I didn't want to be sappy or silly. I didn't want to be vague. Cliches were fine, for some reason. I have five kids, but Party of Five and Five Little Monkeys were taken. I live on a cul-de-sac, but Cul-de-Sac Confessions was done.

Finally, I decided I was only procrastinating and I just picked Seventh Heaven already. It's not my favorite, but it works. I'm not always in seventh heaven, but I figure I beg the heavens for help at least seven times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment