Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bubbles to the Moon

Summer fun is brief here in the south. Yes, we do have a longer summer season, but the actual amount of time we can spend out time without dying of heat exhaustion is brief. Right now, people are jogging and hiking. Kids are playing football in the yard. In mid-July, it will look like a ghost town around here, with people looking out from air-conditioned windows. So we are enjoying summer while we can.

Target shopping the other day, my five-year-old spied the new Bubble Rocket gizmo from Gazillion. We weren't in the toy aisle. I was strategically avoiding that. The gizmo was on an end-cap of sale items. My second son snatched it up and looked at me with his "I am an adorable five-year-old who will only be five once so please indulge my childlike love of fun and curiosity and general five-year-oldishness" face. I wondered how long it would take for the Bubble Rocket to blast me off to crazy land once all the neighborhood kids came stomping along and bubble stomping fights ensued, but I told second son he could have it if he cleaned up the basement. His little chubby hands clutched the box all the way home, bubbly rocket thoughts in his head, no doubt.

Three hours and one clean basement later, we set up the Bubble Rocket in the Georgia heat. We had to move from the driveway to the grass to keep our feet from blistering. The kids had a blast, pardon the pun, but I worried about possible impalements on the rocket launching part.



Bum Rocket Launching

1 comment:

  1. Your kids look like they are enjoying the new bum rocket :) I bet it kept them occupied for hours!

    ReplyDelete